The Shepparton Bypass of the Goulburn Valley Highway was first proposed in the mid-1990s. After many years of no action, the project is back on the agenda
About the Project
A bypass of Shepparton is the best long term solution to:
- cater for long term traffic growth
- address major deficiencies required to meet National Highway System objectives
- improve the level of service for commercial traffic in the region
- improve safety and accessibility for both local and through traffic
- provide relief for congested intersections in the city centre
- reduce accidents, particularly those involving trucks
- provide certainty for future land use development
- improve the amenity of the urban centres of Shepparton and Mooroopna.
Add more text in and around here.